Date:
Sun, 25 May 2003 15:14:18 +0100
Hi, when this happened to me recently, it turned out to be a ram thing. I
was using the ram specified by the manufacturer, and so I was slightly
confused at the time. I'm told my chipset, 810e sometimes  has trouble
reading the specified ram, which should, in my mind, have been noted by the
manufacturer.
I was advised to try a single:
128 MB PC100/16 low density ram module 16Mx64 non ECC, CAS 3 latency.
I ordered some, tried it and it worked fine.
Because this has happened to me now for the first time ever, in the future,
that will be the first thing I will always try if it ever did happen again.
I had also built quite a few systems and never come across this problem
until then.
Maybe it will work for you?
I'd give it a go. I don't know how much ram costs in your neck of the woods,
but mine only cost me a few pounds, so it was well worth taking the chance.
Hope this helps
Michele Sayer