From:
Constance Chang <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 May 1998 09:27:02 -0700
There isn't any driver for the modem is needed, unless the modem doesn't
follow the standard.  All it need is a correct inf file or Initialize
string.  You can set the modem to standard 28,800 modem and put the
initialize string "AT&F" (this is the most generic for most modem, no
double quotes)  in the modem property.

dial-up networking -> properties of the connection -> General -> (at
connect using [modem]) configure.. -> connection -> advanced.. -> type AT&F
into Extra settings.  Then click Ok all the way back out.

Constance