From:
John Freibergs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Jun 2005 08:30:36 -0500
Hey, everyone, I need some help again.  My power supply with two fan speeds lost one Sunday night(the lovely smell of ozone through the house).  I bought a new Antec 430 PS on Monday and tried to install it and nothing would happen except the LED on the mobo and the one on the front of the case would light up and that was all. No boot or fans spinning anywhere.  I put the old PS back in and it would boot the machine up.  I pulled the CMOS battery and finally got the new PS to work on Wednesday.  I actually had to look inside to check whether the fans were spinning since the cooling fan on the CPU is actually louder than the PS's two fans.  The problem I have now though is that when I shut down I get to the screen that says windows is shutting down and then it just hangs there.  The fans keep spinning and nothing else happens.  I use the switch on the PS to finish the shutdown.  As far as I can tell nothing else seems to be affected and the machine boots fine the next time. Any suggestions on a possible solution?

TIA

John

                 our special coffee mugs and mouse pads