From:
Joe Lore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Jun 2002 16:46:53 -0400
How about a little more info:
Operating system used?
Processor make and speed?
brand and/or chipset of the main board used?
Browser used?
is the modem a win or hardware modem?

the more info up front the easier to get an answer to the question.

Did you have your phone company check the lines to see what they are
cabable of?
did you try disconnecting all other phones from the wall jacks and see if
they could be causing the problem - people don't think if that - the phones
share the line and a bad phone elsewhere in the house could be the culprit.

have you checked the power to see if wired at plug correctly?  No open
grounds, no shorts
are you using a 3wire adapter wuthout grounding it?

Did you reload the OS fresh, or are you running what came with it?
Did you check for viruses?

======