Date:
Sun, 28 Feb 1999 23:57:43 EST
In a message dated 2/28/99 2:09:16 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< Win95 OSR2 with three button Logitech mouse.
 On every boot, windows 'sees' this mouse and automatically installs it
 as an MS PS2 mouse.  I can still use the Logitech without problem, but
 in Device Manager, it shows both, with the Logitech flagged and having
 a conflict.  If I delete the MS mouse, the keyboard and mouse
 freezes, so windows is using the MS mouse.  Odd, because I can set the
 third button in the Logtech properties and it works fine.
 I remove every trace of the mouse, let it 'find' in on reboot, install
 the Logitech at the right time, and it works fine.  No problems.
 Except on reboot, the MS PS2 mouse is 'found' and loaded again.

 How can I kill this thing?

Hi,
  I used to have an Asus motherboard, which had PS/2 circuitry on it, however
the pins for it on the motherboard were covered up by an AT style keyboard
connector (big one), so it was unusable. However, as in your case, windows
"found" the PS/2 circuit, and insisted on adding it to device manager, no
matter what. The only *fix* I found was to go into the properties for the PS/2
mouse, and click the "disable in this profile" box. This kept windows happy,
since the entry for it was in device manager, but being disabled, it used no
resources, and caused no conflicts.

HTH,
Peter Hogan

                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html