From:
"Paul%20A.%20Shippert" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Nov 2011 14:49:54 +0000
Greetings--

Yes.  You've identified one of (or a couple of) my concerns.  The Vista -> Win7 is a viable "in-place" upgrade path, and, in the past, MS OS upgrades allowed for a clean install if the original 'upgrade-eligible' installation media was available and inserted when the installation of the new OS prompted for it (this is what I did when I used an upgrade version of XP PRO and had the Win98 SE install disk available to insert when required).  The 32-bit to 64-bit "change" is a potential sticking point that concerns me.  Adding 2 GB [or more] memory was/is also in the plan (particularly at the low price I would have to pay for the OS through my school connection).  I'm willing to take the risk of driver and installer incompatibilities (although I believe my Nvidia 8600 drivers are probably supported).  Thanks for your (and Mr. Rode's) input.

Paul A. Shippert

School Librarian

Margaret Brent Middle School