From:
Orf Bartrop <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Nov 2004 21:03:36 +1100
You can transfer data from one disk to the other as long as the programs
that use that data know where to look, such as letters and files used by
MSWord.

You may delete some programs and reload them on the "D" drive. By
reloading them, XP will know where they are. You cannot just transfer
programs from one drive to another.

As far as FAT32 and NTSF is concerned it would be better to have both in
NTSF. I think that XP will allow converting FAT to NTSF without losing
any data but I suggest you have a google search to find the correct
answer. Also try searching Microsoft's database.

Orf Bartrop

[log in to unmask] wrote:

>I have an 80 GB harddrive running Windows XP home. I got a pop up message
>saying the C drive was almost full. I checked the C drive and it shows only 15.5
>GB total size and only 193 MB free. It lists file system as FAT32. But I also
>have a D drive that lists 58.8 GB of free space. The file system on the D
>drive is NTFS. Is there a way to transfer  some of the free space from the D to
>the C drive  or can I store some of my C drive files on the D drive with
>different file systems?
>
>TIA
>
>Gary South
>
>            Do you want to signoff PCBUILD or just change to
>                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
>                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml