From:
Gordon McFarland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Dec 2003 13:59:10 -0600
Hi Everyone

We all know Microsoft is not going to support Windows 98 and 98 SE after
January 16,2004.

I went to the Update sight and downloaded all the Critical updates and
Recommended updates. I have Burned them to a CD.

The Question I have is. Is there an easy way to build a script or batchfile
to make it easier to install. Right now it is not bad. All I have to do is
double click on each update or patch that I want. Not having to spend the
four to five hours downloading on POTS line is great, but was just looking
to make it better.

I see where Microsoft makes it real easy using the Windows Update but that
requires getting it from them and is pretty slow if on Dial up. They also
have software to use if you are on a network to get it from your server.
And it also appears that you can buy individual service packs to install
from CDs. But was hopeful someone might know how to make or know where
about of a homemade batchfile or script to do it to a homemade download.

Thanks

TTYL
Gordon

                     visit our download web page at: