From:
joseph marty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Jan 2002 07:19:36 -0500
guys dismantled my two computer home network. They were called because the plug on the cable modem allowed the cat 5 cable to wiggle and disconnect from the Internet.  I was at work, but they told my wife that because there is power to the router/switchbox I cannot use it.  They told her it would screw up my connection and others on the network.  It worked fine aside from the loose plug on the modem.  Has anyone heard of such a thing, or is this, as I suspect, something they are trained to say so that you won't be able to connect your own LAN and not pay for extra IPs?
--

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml