From:
Oliver Dammann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Sep 1998 08:30:11 +0200
Are you running the system on 66 MHz or are you trying to run it with 100
MHz, which shouldn't work. Gigabyte says is causes system hang ups.
Personally I'm interested in wether it is possible to do this. On the other
hand if you have managed to run the 333 with 100 MHz, this may be the reason
for the bad performance ????

Oliver Dammann

> Hi to all
>
> I just put together a PII 333 machine, it seems to be very slow.  Here are
> the components on the machine:
>
> Gigabyte GA-686BX mobo
> Intel PII 333 processor
> 64 meg SDRAM (100 mhz) to coincide with BX chipset
> Samsung 6.4 GB UltraIDE HDD
> Tekram [US Drives] 32X CDrom
> Win95 ver 2.5
> IE 4.0
> HP 5100 Parallel Port Scanner
> SIIG PCI Parallel Port
> SupraMax v.90 fax/modem
> Samsung 17" 7e monitor
>
> Is there any reason that anyone can think of that this system should take
> several seconds to open control panel, or to start MS Word.  My brother
> tested this machine against his P166 machine, and loading Word takes more
> than twice as long to open the program
>
> Mike Buraczewski

                                  -----
       **Need help with PCBUILD mailing list? Send an Email to:**