From:
Roxanne Pierce <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Oct 1999 09:59:00 -0700
You said when copying files between 2 machines, it can only copy files at
around 550k/sec. I suspect that your LAN is set up in such a way that when
you are trying to copy from computer to computer, the file is going through
your cable modem first, causing the speed to be limited to the cable modem's
limit.

Check your protocols. Cable modem only requires a TCP/IP protocol. If that
is the only protocol you have on your computers, then I think the file
copying is going through the cable modem. Try adding NetBUIE to each of the
computers and see if that improves the speed.

Roxanne Pierce
R2 Systems, San Diego

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html