From:
Richard Glazier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Jun 2005 07:48:33 -0400
You do not need to D/L SP1 AND SP2.  SP2 includes SP1.
(And MS will surface mail you the SP2 CD.)

Second, it is a bad idea to download it in the first place IF the machine
that needs it is the one doing the download.  It is too easy to get hacked
on a machine that is unpatched and on the Internet that long.
(I have read five~ten minutes is all it takes to get hacked...YMMV.)

My neighbor declined my help re-setting up his Dell machine from scratch,
and after the second or third complete restoration (and attempted patching)
he found this to be true...

As you can guess, you very quickly get into a "game" of  "which came first,
the chicken or the egg"  How you proceed depends on that is available to you.

                                               Rick Glazier