Date:
Sun, 26 Mar 2006 05:32:27 EST
I use a PCTEL platinum V.90 56k modem that, when connecting,  produces the
dial tone and communication noises at different volume levels each  time I
connect. Sometimes it's hardly audible and other times it's so loud, it  vibrates
the case. Is this variation normal?
 Does the sound come from the modem card or the mobo speaker and can  it
easily be adjusted or silenced?
Since I work 3rd shift, I often connect when others in the household are
sleeping. So quiet would be good!
 It's 5:30 a.m. so please whisper your replies! :)
Phil Williams