From:
Stan & Brenda <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Mar 2005 12:44:26 -0500
My daughter-in-law's lap top seems to have crashed (again).  It had Windows XP on it. I can redo everything from scratch with the restore disks.  Before I do this My question is, when I go into C:\ drive in DOS using a windows 98 boot disk, and run a directory there are only 14 (utility) files and no directories from the previous setup.  Does this mean they have all been wiped out or are they some where I don't know about?  I tried the restore disk but it just came up and said to contact Compaq.  I was going to try to save a couple of their files they didn't have backed up.  My guess is that they are all gone.  Am I right?

Thanks for your time!
Brenda Studebaker

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com