From:
Bill Lee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Jan 2008 12:30:53 -0500
Hi Russ;

I agree with you that the motherboard is a likely culprit and whatever
stresses it may be feeling while upright. However, you might also want to
consider your power supply. They can be finicky and inconsistent in the
difficulties they cause. I also see that you don't mention having replaced
it, and it too has a circuit board that could be responding to stresses, or
loose connections, or cold solders.

Also, have you tested the system without the hard drive and corresponding
cables to see if it consistently POSTs? I think, from your description, that
you are consistently getting past that and into the OS but I was wondering
if there is ever any issue when powering just the MB and video card. Good
luck.

Bill