From:
Jorge Ocasio <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Feb 1999 13:34:51 -0500
At 07:09 AM 2/20/99 -0600, you wrote:
>Hello to all
>
>I know this has been answered before, but I can not locate the answer in my
>notes.
>
>I am adding a second larger drive to a machine. I wish to make this drive
>the primary drive. I know the hardware changes which must be made, but I
>cannot remember how to transfer the data [including the operating system]
>from one drive to the other.  I know that the xcopy command is the way to
>go, but I don't remember the switches.
>
>Mike Buraczewski

Mike,

I have been following this thread since you asked your question and I've
seen a lot of very useful information. I just wanted to add my two cents.

About two weeks ago, I purchased an 8.4G Maxtor HD.  The software that came
with the HD offered to move all data from the existing HD to the Maxtor and
make the Maxtor the master drive.  I said yes and to date I've have had no
problems.

I don't know if any of the other manufacturers have the same capability,
but it may solve your dilemma.

Jorge

                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html