From:
Paul Wittry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Dec 1998 20:43:15 -0800
---Reply to mail from Walt Ezyk about [PCBUILD] 30 Pin SIMM Question

Hello Walt,

Funniest thing, I sit here looking at four 4Mx9, supposedly 30pin
SIMMs(I didn't look too close at the time), that I purchased used from
a dealer of used equipment here in Seattle.  These are not 30pin SIMMS,
but more in line with what you describe. They're about the same size as
30's but have the split, and 32pins to each segment. Which makes them
64pin SIMMs. Are you sure that the sockets you have in that board
aren't 32pins to a side? If they are 36pins to a side then they are
72pin.

Anyway, check it out and get back to me in the next few days. I'll
keep them until I do.

Hope this helps,
Paul

> Hi everybody, I've got a 486DX-75 with an IBM 486 Blue Lightning System
> Board. I've got 8 megs of RAM and I'd like to increase my RAM to 16 megs.
> According to the manual I need two 4 meg SIMMS specified as 1MX36
> single density SIMM modules. I bought two 4 meg, parity 30 pin SIMMS
> (4MX9) and the pin arrangement doesn't seem to match my mother board
> and I sent them back. The new SIMMS had one row of 30 pins, and the
> mother board looks like it needs a SIMM with two in line pin segments with
> 36 pins in each segment with a small space(about 1/4") between the two pin
> segments. At this point I'm thoroughly confused and my questions are.
>        1. Did I do the right thing in sending the SIMMS back?
>        2. Are there different configs of 30 pin SIMMS?
>        3. If the answers to 1 & 2 are affirmative, where can I get SIMMS for my
>           board?
>
> I hope I've stated my problem clearly, thanks a lot.
>
> Walt - [log in to unmask]
>
>             Do you want to signoff PCBUILD or just change to
>                     Digest mode - visit our web site:
>                     http://nospin.com/pc/pcbuild.html

---End reply
--
Paul Wittry <[log in to unmask]>
<[log in to unmask]><[log in to unmask]>