From:
Eugene Breindel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Jun 2005 05:51:23 -0500
I have an HP pavillion 533w that I got from my daughter's friend.  It has a defective mother board.  (Best Buy told her that.)  So I bought it from her for $50 as it had the restoration disks, a 60 GB HD and 256 Mb Ram I can use if I can't get it working.  HP wants $160 for a motherboard to replace it.  The old Motherboard is a Trigem Glendale SOcket 478 Micro ATX motherboard.
You can find the specs for it here:  http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&lang=en&cc=us&product=90862&dlc=en&docname=bph07813
I want to replace it and the closest thing I can find to match it is  a Machspeed Model M450-1017.
You can find the specs for it here:  http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1082398&sku=M450-1017
Before I buy it, will this new motherboard work in this machine?

Also, when I disconnected the fan,  I did not have the ZIF release pulled so I separted the CPU from the fan.  Is this CPU still useable? If so, what kind of material do I need to put it back onto the FAN when I intalle it back on the new Motherboard?

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com