From:
patrick meyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Apr 1999 20:10:36 -0700
At 12:51 AM 4/29/99 , you wrote:
>hello everybody,
>I intend to know ps/2 mouse and serial mouse pin configuration. That is
>which pin assign to the colour wires. I only know their are only 4 wires
>(Blue, Orange, White and Yellow). I want to know which pin of the
>connector was assign to white, which to blue, which to orange and which
>to yellow. I need both information. But I can't fing any from Internet.

I believe you'll find that each manufacturer has their own coding scheme to
dertmine which wire to carry the signal and power. The few i looked at
trying to repair in years past all had different connections on the plug
end. Nothing was constant even within a maker on different models.

Not sure what that would get you anyway.  You know from the plug end which
pin carrys which signal, there fore you know which colour wire has which
signal and you can them back track from that for a particular mouse model.

The pins outs are standard:
If memory serves correct: for PS/2  pin 1=mouse click/roll data;  pin 2 not
used;  pin 3 ground; pin 4 +5vdc; pin 5 clock; pin 6 not used.
Can't remember the serial pin outs.

  "2 + 2 = 5 for very large values of 2"
                   a Marshall Space Center engineer.