From:
MICHAEL CAMPOBASS0 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 May 2006 08:39:05 -0700
Hello ...
  First time writing ... wonderful place for computer help.
  I have a computer with a problem ... it wont turn on or more precisely wont stay on ... it shuts off (by itself) after 2 seconds or so ...
  ---  Pentium 4
  ---  1 Gig memory
  ---  Running Win XP Home edition
  ---  Mother Board is ASUS P4PE-X
  ---  2 CD drivers (1 Burner and 1 DVD player)
  ---  A floppy driver
  ---  Connect to Internet using a DSL access
  ---  ATX Case with 2 Cooling fans besides the CPU fan and PS fan
  ---  300 watts Power supply
  ---  McAfee A/V software
  Here are the specifics:
  The computer is well maintained ... Using Anty-spyware cleaners and Virus scans ... the computer is also updates as required.
  I had turned it off for the night ... the next morning when I attempted to turn it on it seemed that all was ok ... heard the fans surge, the power-on light on the front of the case lighted normally ... but after 2 seconds the computer turns off (the power light remains on). I have to keep the the front power switch pushed for about 5 seconds to turn the light off so I can truy again. I dont hear any beeps.
  Opened the case ... tried to power it ... noticed that all the fans operate also there is a green LED on the MOBO that is always on as long the Main switch on the back of the case is in the on postion. I disconnected one drive at the time and power it ... but no luck. Could it be a defective power supply? Or a dead HD? It was working fine the day before ... I dont know how to check it if I cant turn it on. Does anyone have a suggestion what could be the cause of this problems?. Any suggestion will be appreciated ... Thank you so much
  Michael Campobasso

Michael