From:
Bob Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Jul 2000 11:48:38 -0600
At 10:58 AM 07/24/2000 , Billy Jones wrote:
>Hello there my Name is Billy Jones and I have a Question , every time I
>start my PC a page tells me that NWLINK is not present or has been deleted
>please tell me what it is and what I should do.
>
>My PC is  a 256 megabytes of RAM
>            20 gig hard drive
>            800MHz-CPU speed
>            and a network card INTEL(R)Pro set/100+Management Adapter

NWLINK.VXD is the Microsoft driver for IPX/SPX Network compatible
protocol...   this error exists because you do not have this driver in your
C:/WINDOWS/SYSTEM directory and you have loaded IPX/SPX network
protocol to run your Network.   You can do one of three things to solve
this issue:

1)  If you are using Windows98SE this file is in the NET9.CAB file.  Just
      use a program like Winzip to extract it out to your C:/WINDOWS/SYSTEM
      directory, (if your system has a different OS, look through the cab files); or,
2)  Remove the IPX/SPX protocol driver from your network configuration
      and just use NETBUEI;  or,
3)  Remove the IPX/SPX driver, reboot the system and then reinstall it,
      (this protocol is unnecessary unless you are connecting to a network
       running NOVEL or other third party software).

If you wish more details on building networks, visit our NOSPIN Group
Networking FAQ page:  http://nospin.com/network

You will find information about IPX/SPX protocol on the Terminology page:
    http://nospin.com/pc/network/terminology.html

      Bob Wright
The NOSPIN Group

                     visit our download web page at: