From:
Ralph Willing <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Oct 2000 21:38:12 EDT
>  On 27 Sep 00, at 7:40, Cesar Mendoza wrote:
>
>  > I have 2 computers in my home network using the same telephonic
>  > line to connect to the internet, when one of them connects, the
>  > line is busy, so the other one cannot. If I use the Windows 98
>  > Connection Sharing one of them must act as the gateway, with an
>  > static address (192.168.0.1) and the other must obtain its address
>  > dynamically from the "gateway" in order to gain access to the
>  > Internet. The problem is that the "gateway" must connect first. I
>  > want to be able to share the connection no matter which one of them
>  > connects first, is this possible?
>
>    I'm fairly certain that if you use ICS, and the machine which is
>  not the gateway ttries to access the Internet, ICS will make the
>  gateway dial so that this can happen.

Seems like I have a similar question.  I have two computers, linked together
on a home network.  I've looked for "Connection Sharing", but can't find it.
I have file sharing set up and have no trouble accessing the other computer's
files from either computer.  However, when one computer is connected to the
Internet using AOL, I can't get the other to connect.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Ralph Willing

      special "Free-After-Rebate" Software specials in conjunction
          with Beyond.com.   We have new offers all the time!!!
                      http://nospin.com/promotions