From:
David Nasser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Mar 1998 08:57:01 CST
On Thu, 19 Mar 1998 08:18:58 -0500 Jose E. Dominguez said:

>A good friend told me to post my problem, he said sometimes writing the
>post can clear out your mind and expose the problem. Well he was right, I
>removed the Bus Mastering drivers and now can set up the CDs in any
>combination I please.
>
>Now the question is, what would give me the best performance, burner as
>master and reader as slave in the same channel or another combination?

Seems to me that:

 1.) You don't wanna put a CD dee-vice on the primary because it would
     slow your hard drive down (reduced PIO mode).
 2.) With 2 CD dee-vices on the secondary running at the same PIO mode
     it wouldn't necessarily matter whether the burner was master or
     slave.

Hope this helps a bit ...

  Cheers,
  David

** David Nasser                     **     [log in to unmask]  **
** Univ. Mo. St. Louis              **                              **