From:
David Farrington <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Jul 2003 09:11:04 -0700
If you think one of the ports on the Linksys is going out try swapping
the suspect port with another one. Swap around the 2.4's cable to the
233's port. If the problem moves to the 233 then you may have a port
problem. If the problem stays with the 2.4 I would be looking at the 2.4
itself. Try the 233's cable on the 2.4 first to make sure your cabling
is good then I would reload the 2.4's NIC software and then check the
2.4's NIC for good socket connection.

I hope you find it.

[log in to unmask] wrote:

>This is a weird one.  I have a BEFSR41 v2 router linked to DSL modem.  The
>router has four other RJ45 ports.  Each one is linked to a separate computer:
>a 233MHz Dell, 400Mhz Compaq, 233 Mhz home build, and a 2.4 Ghz P4S8X board
>with onboard NIC.  Each box runs Win98se.  Upon installation about a year ago, all
>boxes had internet access, could see each other and could share files.

>I'm thinking either the router port the 2.4 box is using is going out, or,
>the router itself is going out, or perhaps there's something wrong with the
>onboard NIC.  Any ideas?  Has anyone heard of something like this?
>
>TIA,....

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com