From:
Bruce Lund <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Apr 2011 12:35:00 -0700
OK, I have more information and have unsuccessfully tried some things.

I inserted restore disk and extracted all files and
installed from

Emachines11/Drivers/LAN/Setup Icon I
got DriverInstaller-InstallShield Wizard (Intel)

Installed network drivers from

Drivers\LAN\APPS\SETUP\SETUPBD\W98-XP32SetupBD

I did NOT install Drivers\LAN\APPS\PROSet\WIN2K\PROSet
(Windows Installer Package) because I do not have Windows 2000

Previously, I did Broadcom 802.11 Network Adapter Setup from
C:\My Backup -- 11-04-14 0214PM\Drivers\Broadcom
Drivers\D00464-001-001\D00464-001-001 (The backup was from the automatic backup
of C drive when I did the restore.)

I am still showing no network connections

From my Belarc Advisor report which had been run previous to restore

NETWORK RELATED

Network Drives

None detected

Intel(R) Network Configuration
Services Version 1.1.13.0 *

Intel(R) Network Configuration
Services Version 6.1.42.0 *

Communications

SoftV92 Data Fax Modem with SmartCP

Network Card MAC Address:
00:13:21:F4:B0:15

Network IP Address: 192.168.2.2 /
24

Main Circuit Board b

Board: Hewlett-Packard 090Ch

Serial Number: 2UA5380XSN

Bus Clock: 533 megahertz

BIOS: Hewlett-Packard 786B0 v1.00
02/12/2004

SoftV92 Data Fax Modem with SmartCP

CURRENTLY FROM DEVICE MANAGER

Ethernet Controller

Device status

·
The drivers for this device are not installed.
(Code 28)

·
To reinstall the drivers for this device, click
Reinstall Driver.

(As noted above, I was
unsuccessful installing driver from restore disk.)

Device Instance Id

PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_1696&SUBSYS_12BC103C&REV_03\4&DD3CCA2&0&10F0

PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_1696&SUBSYS_12BC103C&REV_03

PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_1696&SUBSYS_12BC103C

PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_1696&CC_020000

PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_1696&CC_0200

I have done searches for things like "PCI\VEN_14E4" but 1) I have no clue that is what I really need and 2) I have no clue whether the sites where I am going are legit.

Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated.

Bruce