From:
Carlos Cordeiro <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Aug 2000 14:11:58 +0100
OEM means Original Equipment manufacturer, when you  buy  OEM products, for
instance the thunderbird  processor it comes wrapped around an anti static
plastic or something and not in a box, commonly computer assemblers buy
this kind of products because they don't need the boxes. and because it's
cheaper another example are the graphic adapters if you buy an OEM geforce
it comes only with the drivers but if you buy it ion a box it comes with
manuals and games and other stuff.
sorry for my English
carlos cordeiro

  it At 09:04 03-08-2000 -0400, you wrote:
>Though it might seem a silly matter, I dont really get what OEM really
>means. I know what every letter means but not the real matter.
>In a cpu comparison table a read:
>  "Thundirbird is available in slot A, OEM only"¿?
>In other article:
>"...multimedia kit, OEM¿?
>In the same table I read:
>....system bus 100 mhz DDR...100-133mhz GTL¿?
>TIA
>Roberto Safora
>
>             Do you want to signoff PCBUILD or just change to
>                     Digest mode - visit our web site:
>                     http://nospin.com/pc/pcbuild.html

                     visit our download web page at:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html