Date:
Thu, 5 Jul 2001 08:02:33 -0700
Glen,
Thanks for the suggestion & Happy 4th : )
I thought about that before writing to the group and have concluded that the
battery probably isn't the culprit since it was working fine last night
until I changed that setting in bios.
Since there is no recognition by beeping on boot of the onboard ram missing
after I pulled it wouldn't that lead you to believe that this is a case of a
major bios issue?
I will get into contact with Packard Bell tech support via chat and find out
what type of battery it is tomorrow and hopefully where it is located. It
isn't readily accessible as is everything else in this ancient case and with
no documents or manuals it is like flying virtually blind.

Barry Clark
MCSE

> Silly question, Barry, but have you tried replacing the CMOS battery>
> > I am working on an old Pack Bell Legend 100 CD.  The customer  was
having a Windows Protection Error not when the system was booting into
Windows, but instead this was occurring after Windows 95 (1st release) was
in the final stages of exiting to Dos or shutdown mode.

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml