Date:
Mon, 4 Oct 1999 13:38:42 +1000
Angus Macdonald wrote:

> Has anyone else met this? Is there some subtle difference between FAT32 on
> Win95 & 98. I tried setting the portable drive up as two FAT16 partitions,
> but that didn't help. I've reached the end of my thought process.

No, they are the same. However there are difference on how windows deal with
disk compression and how you setup win95. I have dealed with win95 compression
problem a lot, even the disk is not compressed, somehow, if disk space
compression support is installed, win98 will see the harddisk has incompatible
disk compression or has been compressed by incompatible program. Since you have
win95, this may be the problem.
I highly disagree to use any disk compression, and I recommend to NOT install
disk compression support on setup (my co-worker has different idea on
compression, but he always come to me for help if he is in trouble).
You can try to remove compression support from win95 machine, to see if any
better. In my exp, disk compression doesn't do any good, but only trouble. I
hope MS remove it from all windows forever (exclude NT server).

Jun Qian

                     visit our download web page at:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html