From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Dec 2004 16:59:01 -0800
  Most small home routers allow a login via your browser to the router
itself (the router's address is almost certainly the address listed as your
"default gateway" if you run "ipconfig" in a Command Prompt window) to
manage various configuration settings.  There's probably a page on there
that deals specifically with wireless configuration.

  Did the person who set up the router at least tell you the password?

David Gillett

On 27 Dec 2004 at 6:07, Geraldine Jones wrote:

> Thank you for responding to my question.  I did not set up this router on my
> computer so I really don't know where I would disable the SSID Broadcast.
> Where exactly is that?  I would certainly like to make it as secure as
> possible.  Thank you

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml