From:
Bob Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 May 1998 14:16:31 -0600
Good Afternoon...

These mailing lists are hosted at Maelstrom on the campus of St.
John's Univeristy.  They have been very good to our operations of
supplying tech support.

However, we have been advised that our archives are limited to
10mgs for the time being.   This means that until the new resources
are in place I will be forced to maintain these archives on a separate
location, over and above the 10mgs.  Right now, our archives run
about 2mgs a month.    I would like to leave as much of it on Maelstrom
as possible for now...   so, we have been trying to limit the amount
of quoted material returned with your answers.

In the future, please limit the quoted material from the previous question
to a minimum...   enough so that the question is clear and your answer
makes sense.   But, if the question is five paragraphs long and you only
need a couple of sentences of it to make your answer clear, edit it down.

Right now our rejections are down to around 5% of the posts submitted.
We have been approving your answers with a side note to limit the quoted
materials in the future.  I am asking you to do this voluntarily... to help us..
help you.

Remember that Maelstrom has over 700 mailing lists.   We are at this
time the largest user of resources on a daily basis...   and as such
we all need to be responsible about our use of those resources.   These
mailing lists are Ranked the top three for a good reason...  we have always
made excellent use of the resources...  so, think just a minute longer
before you edit the quoted text...  make each post clean and tight.   If
you need to write a page to answer...  that is fine...   we want all of your
wisdom...  just edit the quoted text better.

(Do not respond to ADMIN posts using this mailing list.  Send comments
to:  [log in to unmask])

ß0ß WRIGHT  -   [log in to unmask]  - http://nospin.com
Owner   PCBUILD - PCSOFT - VPLANETS - PCBLDFAQ