From:
"Joel M. Blackman" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Jul 2001 20:32:06 -0700
You need to boot into safe mode, go to device manager, and delete all the D
& E drives under disk drives by highlighting each one and clicking on
"remove".  Then do a restart from safe mode, after which Windows will, or
should, correctly reinstall the drives.  Make sure the jumpers on your slave
drive are correctly set per the user's manual for slave, and that the
jumpers on your C drive are correctly set to "master".  Do the latter before
you do the former.  The CD and CD-R are fine with those letters, but will
move down a letter when the phantom "E" is removed.  You should have an
A,C,D,E, and F when you are done.  The E will be the CD, and the F will be
the CD-R.

Subject: [PCBUILD] Slave hard drive confusion

I added a second hard drive as a slave a few days ago. Now
explorer shows three hard drives. The C drive is ok and has all my
original files. The "D" drive and "E" drive are identical in size and
content. How do I get rid of the "E" drive?

To complicate things, I also have a CD drive showing up as "F" and
a CD-R drive showing up as "G".

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml