From:
Bobby Sutton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Dec 2000 20:30:43 -0600
Rick: the machine never stops during the boot process, after the second
black screen  it goes right to desktop, no problems, never a hang-up. It
only stops at the second boot page for about 2-3 seconds then right to
desktop. I was wondering what in my setup or system would cause that, does
everyone have a three screen boot process??   Not a real concern as a
problem, just annoying but may be normal, I know the C prompts are not but
it NEVER hangs up during boot up.  Running Win 95A,  also can I download B
version or update from somewhere?

Bobby

From: "Rick Glazier"
Subject: Re: #2 boot screen help

> I'm not sure "exactly" what the symptoms are...
> (I usually do not even answer if I *think* that originally...)
>
> If you are stopping at the display of all "Cs",
> then add the single word "win" in autoexec.bat
> and be sure (by highlighting the entire file later)
> that it is on the last line. (Leave off the quotes. " " )
> >From your description, it should be the only line. (?)
>
> That is a "workaround", the actual problem would
> have been something has changed your msdos.sys file...
> TweakUI will fix that... (But be sure to remove the
> "win" above if you use TweakUI to fix it, or you may have
> strange shut down "re-starts"...)
>
> I "think" it is unlikely you are booting all the way to the GUI,
> (windows desktop), or you would not be concerned about
> the problem?
> If the latter is the case, then we are both at a loss...
>      Good luck,  Rick

                     visit our download web page at:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html