From:
Carlos Diaz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Jul 2000 18:04:14 -0300
    If it is an intermittent problem , I could guess that either the signal
cable from the monitor is damaged somewhere along the cable or in  the
connector,(the one that plugs into your PC, or some monitors have plugs at
BOTH ends). There could be a pin in the connector to the PC that could be
pushed inside the connector shielding.Examine the plug ,and verify that all
the pins are straight and of the same height. If it is a molded shield you
cannot take it apart and fix it, but you can try to pull the pin out.  VERY
GENTLY with a small neddlenose plier, taking care in not flattening the pin
itself. (BE SURE TO UNPLUG THE MONITOR FROM THE AC PLUG, AND THAT YOUR PC IS
NOT TURNED ON)
   Sometimes those pins could get bent while trying to plug them into your
video card plug also.