From:
Tom Turak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Nov 2001 10:12:31 -0500
You sound like you know how to set up tcp/ip, but your symptoms also sound
like an incorrect ip or mask entries.  The first 3 groups of the ip address
should be the same, and the mask should be 255.255.255.0
The workgroup under the identification tab needs to be the same on all
computers, I assume you are not using a domain or a server.
The reason winipcnf may not display your settings is the first adapter it
displays is 'PPP adapter'.  Use the drop down arrow to select your hardware
adapter.  Now your ip and mask settings should appear.  It will only release
and reset if you are obtaining an ip address automatically.
Tom Turak