From:
Jeffrey Delzer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 May 1999 21:19:02 -0500
Dal and Gina Hunkins wrote:

> Hello List:  I have a client who was running Win3.1 on a system with a TX
> Pro II Mobo, 64 MB RAM and a Cyrix 300 CPU.  When he had problems connecting
> to the local ISP (but not AOL), I suggested that he get with the times and
> upgrade to at least Win95, which I did for him.  The TX Pro II has video and
> sound (C-Media CMI8330) on board.  Sound worked fine in Win 3.1 but, even
> using the drivers found on the mobo CD, I get a Win95 boot failure.  I can
> only boot into Win95 after going into safe mode and uninstalling  the sound
> drivers using the uninstall program on the mobo CD.  IRQ settings seem fine,
> no other conflicts are reported.  Incidentally, after initial install of the
> drivers, Win 95 boots fine, then on restart or cold boot, it crashes at the
> desktop before loading icons.  Any ideas how to overcome this one?

The info you need is here: http://www.pcchips.com/ht1869dr.html

Here's some of what you'll find there, along with the link to download
the new drivers you'll need:

  Q. How come the drivers for CM8330SB.DRV got General Protection Fault
when
     I shutdown Win98?

  A: We found that Win98 NC1 or later version will cause error in
drivers for
     CM8330SB.DRV when the PC is shutdown, so we modified drivers to ver
     4.10.00.0152 to fix this problem. The files you download are the
updated
     Win95/Win98 drivers files for CMI8330(self-extract files). Please
switch
     your PC to DOS mode (safty mode command prompt only, backup the old
     drivers files in Windows SYSTEM subdirectory, and replace the old
files
     with new drivers files.

Jeff Delzer

                    Digest mode - visit our web site: