Date:
Thu, 17 Jul 2003 17:25:24 -0400
Thanks to Doug Simmons, problem on Compaq laptop presario solved!!!

   Here's what happened:  the guy who used my friend's laptop used an
external keyboard with it.   I learned that with laptop's Numlock key OFF
the man had the Numlock ON, on the external keyboard.  After several hours
of use, the individual went through the normal way of Windows shutdown (but
did not shutdown the external KB's Numlock or turned it OFF).  It obviously
locked up the system and the laptop's Numlock key was inoperable.  The LT
KB started making numeric output on the screen.  thus the reason for my
post.

Getting the idea from Doug's advice below,  I told my friend to turn his LT
ON connected the external KB, enter Windows and disable the Numlock key on
the ext. KB side.  Then, he tried to operate the Numlock key on the LT
itself and it worked!  From there, the problem was solved.  This is one
info that will go into my Cheat Sheet.  Thanks again Doug!

Emie DelRosario1