From:
Ben Moore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Feb 1999 14:16:07 -0500
I have two systems running Celeron 300A's at 464 MHz. One on an Abit BH6 and
one on an Abit BX6-2.  Both are stable and are able to run at default
voltages.  One system has very good Samsung SDRAM (and very expensive) the
other has cheaper PC100 SDRAM.   Both of my processors are made in Malaysia.
It's a great deal if you want 450 performance with a Celeron price.  You
need to check out some of the overclocking sites for more information.  The
Slot 1 300A is getting to be scarce.  Especially the boxed version.  Look at

http://www.overclockers.com/
http://www.bxboards.com/

Overclockers.com has a survey of overclockable chips.

The success rate seems to be between 80 and 90%.  There are places that will
sell you a CPU pretested at 450.

Bill's article is really good on this subject too.

Ben Moore