From:
joseph marty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Apr 2002 23:11:52 -0400
Create a folder in C:\Windows\temp and name it modemdrvr.  Unzip the files to it, and when the wizard asks, choose specify a location, then browse. Just browse your way to that folder (it may have subfolders created by the program when it unzips. You'll have to check the subfolder, if there is one, that includes Win Me.  The OK button will become live if there is an .inf file in the folder. Click OK and then next.  Windows will install the driver using the .inf file as a guide.  You don't have to name anything after you create the folder  in C:\windows\temp.  Are you going to use the add hardware wizard, or are you going to let windows find the new hardware on startup?

>I am using Windows ME. I have connection problems to my ISP. He has advised that I update my Modem Driver.
>
>I have downloaded a Driver from the modem manufacturer. The download is a "zip" file (6793_wme.zip). Inside the zip there are 23 files.
>
>My problem is that I do not know what directory I should place the 23 files in when I unzip the "driver" zip file ?
>
>Then when I use the install wizard what name do I give the driver ?
>
>Advice would be gratefully received.

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com