From:
m_sayer_ <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Nov 2003 23:21:46 -0000
Hi, I had almost the same problem some time ago, and almost came to the
conclusion that it was my video card on its way out.
However, I fiddled and checked connections, and it turned out that the mains
power supply wasn't pushed in fully at the back of the monitor. (I'm
assuming that this is why it kept cutting out as a higher voltage went
through).
I pushed the mains cable in fully, and haven't had a problem since. How it
managed to loosen itself I don't know, but it's solved now.
I even posted to PCbuild because I just couldn't work it out. That was at
least 6mths/1 yr ago, and it hasn't happened since. That system is also old,
made approx 98, and was running win98 at the time I think.
This may or may not help, but do check your connections just in case.
Michele Sayer

At 11/20/2003 04:30 PM, Dick Mason wrote:

>My computer (Sony VAIO)
>has developed a problem.  It will start to boot, the monitor light will
>change from orange to green, the computer will almost finish booting and
>the screen goes black and the monitor light goes orange.  I have tried a
>different computer with the monitor and the monitor works fine.  I tried a
>different known good video card and the problem went away for about 3
>boots, then the problem reoccurred.  I swapped in some known good memory
>and the problem was still there.  Is there anything else that could be
>wrong, other than a failed motherboard?  The system is old (1998), is a
>350MHz running Windows 98.  Any help would be appreciated.

                         PCBUILD's List Owners:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
                       Drew Dunn<[log in to unmask]>