From:
Herbert Graf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 May 1998 23:30:28 -0400
> Upon turning on my machine, I got "Disk I/O Error--May not be enough
> memory" and my system stalled.  I turned it off and got into safe mode,
> where not much happened.  I tried running scandisk, but it stalled at some
> sector in Windows\System.
>
> Is this an indication of a corrupted registry or a bad hard disk?  What
> would you suggest as next step?

        This sounds alot like a bad hard disk, one that is failing. My drive did
the same thing, it would just cause the system to crash every time it got to
a certain sector, eventually more and more sectros became bad and the drive
died. Disected it, quite interesting. Anyways, I suggest you backup your
system, and then run a dos based scan disk and write down the offending
sector, then use a disk util and manually mark that sector bad. That might
give a few more weeks of life to your drive. TTYL