From:
Patrick Black <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Dec 1998 16:13:23 -0500
Well, I did the test as destribed above, and the CPU got warm (let the
computer stay on long enough for the CPU get warm.  In a way I'm not
suprised that the CPU had problems.  #1 in windows when I when to open IE
(which I guess uses a lot of the processor, thus getting it hot) I would get
the "blue screen of death" and GPF's and what not.  As a matter of fact,
once the first GPF started every TSR started getting GPF's, so that started
to lend me to suspect the CPU.

I wish there's a fer sure way of seeing if its the processor.

So I have a question for the CPU experts for the pre-PII class CPU's:

which is hotter:

Cyrix (MMX) or AMD (K6) or Intel (Pentium MMX (pre-PII)

--Patrick Black