From:
Rick Glazier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Aug 2000 08:05:38 -0400
Have you tried jumpering the CD-ROM drives reversed,
or moving one to the other EIDE channel. This "might" tell you if
the drives can "get along" together...
I have a similar problem with an ACER CDRW on cold boots and
it was suggested by Mary Wolden I might have a power problem.
My "boot failures" of the CDRW drive are very intermittent, are yours?
I have not done any testing with one drive removed (yet)...
My current workaround is to watch booting, and hit the reset switch
at the BIOS password screen when the CDRW is acting "flaky".
Hope this helps.
                    Rick Glazier