From:
Joe Lore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Mar 2004 09:01:23 -0500
HI,

Did you make the Xp network disk that is offered to you when setting up
the Xp network and run the disk is the 2 Windows 98 machines, so the
machines would know how to talk with XP?

Thanks and have a Great Day!

Joe Lore

I have had a "hard wired" network for about three years with 3 pc's.  I
recently purchased a Dell running XP and have used it to replace my
master pc.  So, now I want to run the same network with the new Dell
with XP as the "master pc" and the other 2 running 98 as the clients (is
that the right
word?)  The 2 old pc's on the network running 98 both see each other and
neither see the new pc.  The new pc doesn't see them either. I have
hooked the new pc up with the cable and stuff and run the network setup
thing in XP a few times and followed all of the directions and can't
seem to make them find each other. I know a good bit about pc's but, I
don't know anything when it comes to Netbui and protocol stuff and I
think that may be where my problem ies.  Can anyone take a stab at it
and use step by step beginner language for me to set this thing up.  I
have alot of files on the other pc's that I am in dire need of in our
small home business and daily I am pulling my hair out trying to fix
this.  I have searched the net and called Dell support (2 hours, 13
people, 2 disconnects and then they say "sorry in order for us to help
we need a credit card payment of $260.00.).  I am at my wits end. Thank
you in advance for any help you can give me,

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml