From:
Mark Roberge <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Mar 1998 23:24:12 -0500
Hi;
Ensoniq is also know as sound blaster compatible. This is what IRQ 5 is used
for 9 is for the MPU 401 sound. When you set up the sound card these
settings have been pretty much the standard. When you run games at least in
the past this is where they would look for the information they needed to
play any music and sounds. Music is generally the .wav you may see or the
lesser quality mid files. As for removing them I would not suggest it. Why
put the sound card in only to remove access to the card. You will have to
live with the idea that sound is a resource hog.
Mark D. Roberge