From:
Vincent Winterling <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Mar 2004 08:08:17 -0500
Piggy backing on David's excellent response:

1. If you are running a firewall, you might want to consider uninstalling it
until all pc's are configured and seeing each other. Firewalls can be
insidious in stopping network traffic.

2. Although not described, I assume you've configured the new pc to be in
the same workgroup?

3. You're using client for M/S networks?

4. You've selected the gateway option if you used the wizard?

5. Sometimes, you might want to change the user interface to ensure each pc
contains the same user name and password (optional).

6. I agree about Netbeui. You should be able to get the network going with
TCP/IP only. I would uninstall it until things are working.

Good luck. Report back if you don't get it working.