From:
Timothy Phan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Aug 2003 13:52:19 -0500
PCBUILD,

    Hi, I just bought a power supply and a CPU and connected it to my
computer.  I previuosly built the system myself and it was working fine until
either the CPU or Power Supply burnt out.  that was when I bought another Power
Supply and CPU and hooked it up.  When I turn it on, it doesn't bootup and
instead just says on monitor check signal.  At first, I thought I just recieved
a faulty power supply because the CD ROM's wouldn't eject.  I then hooked the
power supply to a case fan and the case fan worked too along with the cpu fan
so it can't be the power supply.  Now, I'm not sure weather it's the CPU or
Motherboard.
    How long does it take for an AMD Athlon XP to heat up the heatsink because
I left the power on for about 45 seconds, then turned it off but the heatsink
didn't seem to get any warmer.  The Heatsink/CPU Fan are AMD.
    Do you know what else could be wrong?

Thanks,
Timothy