From:
Kevin Weaver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Dec 2003 09:22:28 -0800
I just bought a Samsung Syncmaster 175v from Best Buy (couldn't pass up the rebate deal).
Unfortunately, I can find NO specs on this monitor. The Samsung site doesn't even list this model
number. I am particularly interested in the response time.

Also, this monitor has the same type of connector that a CRT has, instead of the DVI I was
expecting. Is it true that the picture will be degraded because of this?

My video card (ATI Radeon 9600) has both CRT and DVI outputs. Would there be any advantage in
connecting the monitor to the DVI output with an adaptor, or would the picture be the same as
connecting to the CRT output?

I spent $280 after rebates for this monitor. I'm beginning to wonder if it was worth it after all.

Thanks,
Kevin