From:
Glen Sagers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Dec 2000 21:54:31 -0600
The Celeron processor, in general, is not as suited to very intensive
computing tasks, i.e. digital video, Photoshop, and 3D rendering.

That said, I don't have any real reservations about the Celeron, for
business applications especially.  Word processing, spreadsheets, and web
browsing don't seem to see performance reduction.

I have a PentiumIII 500 as a desktop machine, and a Celeron 400 as a
laptop, and don't see much, if any difference in application launching
speed, or how fast a web page appears.  The machines have the same 128 MB
of memory.

So, unless you're doing lots of video/3D work, go with the Celeron.
Just my $.02.

Glen Sagers