From:
Tony Mayer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Aug 2003 19:52:53 -0700
Well, that sounds a little fishy on the part of your merchant.  What you
are describing is *not* an OS question - it's a hardware question.  And
they did, after all, sell you the hardware.
I would recommend you open the case and make sure all the wires leading
to the hard drive are seated properly.  Also, make sure it is firmly
plugged in to the motherboard.
If these steps do not work, then go in to your BIOS and look through the
settings.  One of them will refer to your IDE channels being enabled.
Make sure they both show as "enabled".
Then, go in to the Basic Bios Options and make sure the first entry for
hard drive says "Auto" (or "Auto-Detect).

Tony Mayer
Sysop
The Magic FunHouse BBS
http://bbs.magicom.net

Ralph Hunter wrote:
>>I have a new computer with no operating system from
>>xtechnology.  When I put my startup disk in for
>>Windows98se and it goes to A:, I enter FDISK and hit
>>enter.  It states I have "no fixed disk".  What can
>>do.  The company states they won't help because i
>>did
>>not buy the os from them.
>>
>>Ralph Hunter

                     visit our download web page at: