From:
joseph marty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Sep 2001 23:03:14 -0400
I have an HP Scanjet 6300C USB, which I bought a year ago.  It is as fast as many professional scanners, is 1200 X1200 dpi, and is about as good and fast as most people need.  It is still available, but has been replaced by a newer model.  You can probably get it for $300 or less if you shop.  You can get an auto doc feeder for it, and it has updated software available from www.hp.com.  I really like this scanner, and with USB it scans as fast as I need.  It does run on USB 1.1 (12 mbps), and USB 2.0 is coming out, which is geometrically faster.  You may want to wait for that if you have a lust for speed.